TC/EQ Update Tue 22 June

The US NHC has stopped advisories on Claudette as it no longer has a closed circulation (one of the requirements to be a tropical cyclone). The remains will continue to the northeast just off the coast of Nova Scotia and Vinland (Newfoundland) today, producing gusty winds and rain but shouldn’t be dangerous with some common sense. Elsewhere, it’s tropical wave season, and NHC is tracking one approaching the Caribbean but it only has a low (30%) chance of development over the next five days. There is a better chance for a system off the west coast of Mexico (70%). In the West Pacific Tropical Depression Six is expected to strengthen into a Typhoon and pass well east of Japan.

NHC/TPC Tropical Analysis, Tuesday Morning 22 June. Click to embiggen …

There was a fairly strong and shallow earthquake just of the coast of Asia Minor, near the Greek islands of Tilos and Nisyros, 70km northwest of Rhodes. No reports of damage yet but I would expect there to be some minor damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s